A Mile Of River

A Mile Of River

Monday 21 May 2012

The Chevalier

The Chevalier by Cynthia Harrod Eagles is the seventh book in the Morland Dynasty.

Continuing my reading of this marvellous series and I am enjoying them so much. I read one then take a short break but I am always happy to return.

 Annunciata Morland once again continues to be the Central character but in this book I found her to be a much likable character than previously. India Neville is the new mistress of Morland Place and she is one nasty piece of work.

Annunciatia has followed King James 11 into exile and has left her Grandson Matt in charge. What follows is his destructive marriage to India. Themes in the book are love, passion, tragedy, death and defeat.

The later half of the book tells of James 111 The Chevalier's return to claim the Stuart throne. Loyalty to the King is shown to be of chief importance.

Historical fiction at its very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment