A Mile Of River

A Mile Of River

Monday 4 July 2011

The Long Shadow

Continuing my reading of the Morland Dynasty by Cynthia Harrod Eagles. This months read has been the 'Long Shadow' this is the sixth book in the series and is set in Yorkshire. The book covers the reign of King James 11 during the restoration.
There was a continuation of the characters from the previous book, Annunciata and Ralph Morland. Indeed, Anunciatia is not the most likeable of characters I found her to be very self centred but yet again on the other hand, her character is one of strength, determination and grit which I found compelling to read. Themes in the book are jealousy, betrayal and also the feature of a violent death.
Once again looking forward to reading the next in the series.
I decided to add some photos of my needle work to my blog seeing as how they are bookish. The designs are from littlehouse needle works, This is the first time I have worked on linen.
http://www.littlehouseneedleworks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment