A Mile Of River

A Mile Of River

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Reading Blogger

I love to read so have decided today to start a blogg to share my thoughts on the books I read. I like to read Victorian classics, history, both nonfiction and fiction, diaries and letters some of my favourite authors are Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, George Eliot, Charlotte Bronte, Alison Plowden and Claire Tomlin.

 I am currently reading my way through the Morland series by Cynthia Harrod Eagles. This series starts in 1443 with 'The war of the Roses' and continues through to 'The Dancing Years' The series was originally intended to compromise of twelve books but has proved to be so popular that it has now been extended to thirty four.

2 comments:

  1. The publishers are now stopping these at No 34 as they say they do not sell enough.

    Unbelievble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, I hope the publishers Little and Brown change their minds about this and decide to continue. Other than that another pubisher takes this series on to complete. It will be a great shame otherwise.

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete